The forum says my username is currently inactive

FORGOTTEN your PASSWORD or USERNAME ???
'Forgot Password' didnt work...
Registration was ok but you cant log in...
It says my email address is already in use...
It says my username is inactive...
I missed the Welcome email...

phil.harris
Administrator
Reactions:
Local VMCC Section: Goodwood

The forum says my username is currently inactive

Post by phil.harris » Mon 12 Feb 2018, 14:37

At the end of the registration process you get this VERY VERY important message:
Your account has been created. However, this board requires account activation. An activation key has been sent to the email address you provided. Please check your email for further information and also be sure to check your junk mail box. It may take a while to get the email depending on your email provider.

The email may take 10 minutes to arrive !
Do NOT try and 'log on' or 'request vmcc group membership' until it has arrived !!!
When it arrives you MUST click the link it contains in order to validate your email address and activate your forum account

The email will look something like this:
Welcome to The VMCC Forum forums

Please keep this email for your records. Your account information is as follows:
----------------------------
Username: testtesttest
Board URL: http://forum.vmcc.net
----------------------------
Please visit the following link in order to activate your account:
ucp.php?mode=activate&u=9999&k=blahblahblah

Your password has been securely stored in our database and cannot be retrieved. In the event that it is forgotten, you will be able to reset it using the email address associated with your account.

Thank you for registering.

If you didnt receive the validation email or have deleted it, then you can request it again via the 'Resend Activation email' link on the 'login' page.
Bikes from 1911-1992, with more velocettes and veterans than is strictly healthy